Monday, November 15, 2010

the 40 list

travel & outings
01. go on a scrapbooking weekend with my best friend.
02. go to paris.
03. go to the chicago cultural center.
04. have high tea at the peninsula.

family
05. scan all my family pictures.
06. back up family pictures onto dvd.
07. take my children to the cemetery.
08. honor the remainder of my mother in law's life.
09. make a playlist of music for my children.
10. develop and nurture my relationships with my chosen family.

personal
11. review my work on style statement and live authentically.
12. determine my word of the year for 2011 and live up to it.
13. get another tattoo.
14. dance in the rain.
15. build an interesting and appropriate wardrobe for my age and lifestyle.
16. *change my hair color.
17. manage my health issues instead of waiting until they become crises.
18. * ride a roller coaster and embrace the fear.

religion/spirituality
19. nurture my spirituality.
20. read the bible regularly.

creative
21. take a self-portrait a month to document this year of my life.
22. make a written record of my important life stories--i'm shooting for 40.
23. make a scrapbook of achieving these 40 things.
24. sew a patchwork quilt.
25. learn to play pachelbel canon in d on the piano.
26. crochet a scarf of flowers and leaves.
27. complete at least 50 scrapbook pages.

career/finance
28. start my own etsy shop.
29. start a lifestyle blog.
30. make a plan for what i want to be when i grow up.
31. start my own 401k for retirement.
32. *pay off our credit card debt.

homekeeping/life management
33. declutter my house.
34. become more effective at scheduling and time management.
35. teach my children to cook and other important life skills.
36. make a decorating plan for my house.

food/eating
37. *eat at at least half a dozen of the top restaurants in chicago.
38. make at least one recipe from each of my cookbooks.
39. learn to make a good pie crust.
40. make my own line of jams &/or jellies to give as gifts.


* started before i turn 40, but i'm still including it because of its significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment