Thursday, November 18, 2010

15. build an interesting and appropriate wardrobe for my age and lifestyle

i was stuck for a few years with having either really casual clothes (jeans and tees that i wore to class when i was in school) or dress-up clothes appropriate for weddings and job interviews. not really anything in between because i didn't need it. well, now i wear a uniform of sorts to work (my own clothes, but i have to wear black pants and a white shirt--i add in colorful tees under the shirt or a colored cardigan to keep from feeling too blah most of the time) and i change as soon as i get home.

my default has become yoga pants and a tee with a hoodie or long sleeves thrown in when it's cold. boring. blah. not me. especially not with the fabulous red hair. lol. but really? i'm 30, not 80. i can do better than this.

and so it begins. i'm working one of my other goals and clearing out my closet and dresser of the things i don't like, don't wear, or no longer fit me. i think i'll have a small pile of things that will need to be hemmed or otherwise fixed, but it will be starting point. no clothes shopping (well, maybe a cute top for my husband's high school reunion dinner) until the post-christmas sales and a down & dirty evaluation of what i want to look like and a shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment